Denver, CO. – Torque.TV and WC Vision announced today the move to full two-hour Pirelli World Challenge broadcasts of GT/GTA and GT Cup presented by MOMO class races on CBS Sports Network – effective with this weekend’s May 3 broadcast of the Barber Motorsports Park event. The announcement increases the total coverage of the Pirelli World Challenge series on CBS Sports Network by seven hours, for a total of 68 hours throughout 2015. The GTS class will now have its own standalone one-hour broadcast for all GTS events.
“With the continuing growth and excitement of the GT/GTA, GT Cup class races, as well as the quality and strength of the GTS class racing, we are all excited to partner with the series to add seven more hours of broadcast time,” said Roger Werner, Founder of Torque.TV. “Additionally we have created a prime time evening slot for the GTS and TC races. Pirelli World Challenge fans will have the opportunity to view their favorite races on the weekends and during the week in prime time, as previously announced.”
“We want to thank Torque.TV and CBS Sports Network for the great partnership in developing the expanded coverage of the GT Class,” said Scott Bove, President and CEO, WC Vision/Pirelli World Challenge. “When we looked at potential opportunities for a TV agreement for 2015 and beyond, we were looking for a broadcast partner that would work with us on expanding our coverage as well as looking at live coverage of our races – CBS Sports and Torque.TV are those partners.”
The expanded coverage will allow series commentators Greg Creamer, Calvin Fish, and Jeff Lepper to cover the story of event weekends on a more in-depth level. Expanded coverage begins with this Sunday’s May 3, 2 p.m. Eastern broadcast from Barber Motorsports Park and GT/GTA/GT Cup Rounds 6 & 7. GTS Rounds 5 & 6 air on Wednesday May 6th at 7PM.
Upcoming 2015 Pirelli World Challenge Broadcasts on CBS Sports Network*:
- Sunday, May 3, 2 PM: GT/GTA, GT Cup presented by MOMO, Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL (Re-air, Wednesday, May 6, 9 PM)
- Wednesday, May 6, 7 PM: GTS, Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL (Re-air, Wednesday, May 6, 12 midnight; Thursday, May 7, 3 AM)
- Sunday, May 24, 2 PM: GT/GTA, GT Cup presented by MOMO. Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ONT
- Wednesday, May 27, 7 PM: TC/TCA/TCB. Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Bowmanville, ONT
- Wednesday, May 27, 9 PM: GTS. Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Bowmanville, ONT
- (LIVE) Sunday, May 31, 11 AM: GT/GTA. Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, Detroit, MI (Re-air, June 3, 7 PM and 11 PM)
*All times listed are eastern time. Dates and times subject to change.